Institute of Actuaries of India had started conducting its Entrance Exam which is ACET from January 2012. There is a change in the structure of ACET examination from May 2016 exam diet.
Earlier the structure of examination was:
1. ACET was a 2 hour, 100 marks online exam which had 55 multiple choice questions with one correct answer for each question
2. The distributions of questions were:
a. 25 questions – 1 mark each
b. 25 questions – 2 marks each
c. 05 questions – 5 marks each
3. After successful registration, students were able to download the study material for the examination.
4. ACET consisted of Questions on Mathematics and Statistics
5. ACET was earlier conducted in 51 exam centres in India
6. ACET was earlier conducted on two consequent days with four exam slots on each day
The New structure of Examinations is:
1. ACET is a 3 hour, 100 marks online exam which has 70 multiple choice questions with one correct answer for each question
2. The distribution of questions will be:
a. 45 questions – 1 mark each
b. 20 questions – 2 marks each
c. 05 questions – 3 marks each
3. After successful registration, students will be able to download the sample question paper for the examination. However, the names of the reference books will be provided to the students.
4. The syllabus will include the questions for :
Section-I Mathematics, Statistics and Data Interpretation having 55% of weightage and
Section-II English and Logical Reasoning having 45% of weightage.
5. ACET will now be conducted in 27 exam centres in India.
6. ACET will be conducted in a single day with one slot.